Tuesday, June 9, 2015

WTF


Fuck.

I apologize in advance because I'm about to do some venting and will probably use some salty language. I normally don't do this, but after the news we've had today, I think I might be entitled.

So, when I last blogged I shared that the trial for the woman who hit my brother-in-law in a head on collision was supposed to be tomorrow. We, as a family have been ready for this. It's been a year of sheer hell. No lie. To think in one moment he was lost due to someone being on a narcotic, passing in the fog because she didn't want to be late for her husband's appointment pisses us all off. To make matters worse, she has been very cold about all of this. But, that's neither here nor there. If I get too much into it I will probably need a drink or four in a few minutes. The woman has been a monster about this and it's made shit worse than it was already.

SO...

We get a call from the prosecuting attorney. Guess what? Her lawyer requested a continuance so the trial is being postponed until August 19th. Now, please don't get me wrong. We know how it can be with these kinds of things. Things are postponed...etc, but it still hurts. It hurts because my husband and in laws are unable to get on with their lives because of this bullshit. Watching the events progress since JR's death have been educational at most. It's very apparent the court system...in our case at least, is catered for the defendant. No thoughts toward the victim and his family. No thoughts for the hell they've gone through. No thoughts for the loss they've had. As long as you have a good defense attorney and well...money, you're set.

Fuck.

This sucks. My mother-in-law had a horrible weekend and a bad day yesterday. She's been crying and extremely emotional *the anniversary of his death is also coming up* and both my in-laws are living in sheer hell. They can't not think about the upcoming trial. They can't help but worry. They can't help but vent and grieve over every damn thing that's happened to them. Now, they get to worry, fret and worse for ANOTHER two months because we're just putting off the inevitable. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of seeing my husband and his family be heartbroken. I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Sorry for the rant. I'll be better next time. I'm just frustrated, heart hurt and angry as hell.

Thanks for being there.

*HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment