Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Friday

Hello friends:)

Well, not much has happened this week. I've been working hard on my latest book, Angel's Redemption and I hope to have it finished by next weekend. Happily, the hundred plus degree weather seems to have passed us by here in the sticks. It's starting to cool off and even the nights are nice and chilly. Admittedly, I'm thrilled to say goodbye to summer. Honestly, summer is my least favorite season. Between the heat and humidity, I turn into a wilting flower when I'm outside so I have a tendency to hide in my dark, cool house until September. 

One crappy thing that's happened is my husband's job has cut out overtime. This is something they usually do every year around the holiday season, so we have to watch out nickels and dimes until the end of the year. Thankfully, I thought ahead this year and I've already bought Christmas gifts this year, so that won't be an added expense we'll have to budget for. Speaking of Christmas, my mother informed me a couple of days ago that Christmas will be celebrated at our house this year. Just thinking about cooking and getting everything in ship-shape makes me want to break out in hives. Thank god I'll have a few months to prepare for it!

I've been flirting with the idea of writing a paranormal/shapeshifter book. It seems to be the trend right now and I've had an idea floating around in my mind for a couple of weeks now. So I'm not sure if I'll jump on the werewolf bandwagon or not. I know I enjoy reading these types of books, but I'm not sure if I want to write one or not. What do y'all think? Do y'all enjoy shapeshifter books a lot or do you think these types of books are just a trend right now?

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend. We plan on hanging out at home, hubby might be going fishing and I hope to get a lot of writing done.  Heck, I might even leave the dark cave of my living room and sit on the back porch and enjoy the nice weather for a while.


1 comment:

  1. Write whatever you want to write, Shell, and readers will love it.

    ReplyDelete