Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Early Holiday Weekend:)

Friends,

Well, as all of you probably guessed, we made it back from Las Vegas safely. We left Friday morning and drove 23 hours straight through. Even though it was very tiring, it was worth seeing all of the beautiful desert and other things we don't normally get to see in Arkansas. As beautiful as the desert is, I don't think I could ever live there. The dry heat does something to my throat and I'd miss the lush trees and greenery of where I live.

Las Vegas was a lot of fun, but it'll probably be a while before we go back that direction. We had a horrible time finding a decent place to eat off the strip. Everything was overpriced and I wasn't happy about the huge amount of children there. (Thanks for the information about Vegas on my last post Shawn) We spent a lot of time sightseeing, so by the time our vacation had come to an end, we really were ready to come home. There is really nothing like sleeping in your own bed!

I started working on a Christmas themed story, but since my heroes are being too talkative for a short story, it looks like there will be no Christmas story from me this year. Instead, I'm writing on Angel's Redemption, that is going to be my next book in my Men of Charlestown series. It's a story about Jackson, who y'all met in Daniel's Dream, and Riley his new but mysterious and younger neighbor. So far I'm about seven thousand words into it and I think it should be between 30,000 and 40,000 words when it's complete. My goal is to have it completed by the end of September.

The other thing that happened on vacation was I turned another year older. It was a quiet birthday and I have to admit that I'm glad it was. After I turned 40 a couple of years ago, birthdays aren't as fun as they used to be! LOL!

I just signed my Cover Art contract for Kissed By Death. I can't wait for this book to be published! It's going to be the first of three books in my Kissed by an Immortal series and I'm anxious to see how everyone will like it. It has a darker feel to it than my other books, but it also has a very romantic side to it too. I still don't have an assigned date for when it's to be published, just sometime in 2012. As soon as I find out, I'll let y'all know!

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend! Since my husband is working overtime, I'll have plenty of time to write and watch a few movies on television. Have a great weekend and week ahead:)

2 comments: