Tuesday, August 18, 2015

46 isn't that bad...right?



I'm not afraid to reveal that it's been a long year. In some ways it's been a good one and in many ways it hasn't been that great. On the negative side, we are still dealing with the sudden death of my brother-in-law. Between his death and the consequences of being a victim of a vehicular manslaughter has brought much heartache to my family. We are still waiting for the woman to go to trial for hitting him and hopefully, we will before the year is over. I personally believe it won't happen until after the holidays are over, but we will see.

On the positive side, I've discovered a lot of things this year. I've made many supportive friends and enjoyed putting myself back out there again. This is not an easy thing for me to do because I'm basically an introvert and I've been burned many times before, but I've learned that nothing ventured is nothing gained, right?

Also, I am finally getting my writing published again. I'm thrilled to see my books being read and enjoyed by many readers. It has given me the drive to continue to do what I love...and that is write. I will have a new book published soon and I'm working hard on the next Men of Charlestown book, Flowers for Him. I hope to have at least two to four books finished by the years end, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

The picture above is of me and my beloved niece Snow White. It's a pretty recent pic and as you can tell I adore the ground that baby walks on! This year she started third grade and I am so proud of her!! Here is a picture of her on her first day of school this year:

It's amazing to see how much she's growing up. She loves to read and told me the other day she wants to write a books just like I do...isn't that the coolest?

We spent my birthday at with my family at the lake and had a blast. It was good to be surrounded by people who love me and who I love. As usual, time flies when you're having fun and our weekend together was way too short. BUT I loved it and look forward to making many more happy memories together in the years to come.

While I was at the lake His Christmas Wish was rereleased through eXtasy books! I'm so thrilled and I hope that those to chose to buy it will enjoy it as much as I did writing it.



So after much reflection, after having the year I've had I've realized it's basically been a good one. I'm actually ready to see it go and I'm anxious to see what the next year for me will bring. Thank you all for taking this amazing ride with me.  *HUGS*







No comments:

Post a Comment