Thursday, April 11, 2013

Update on my Grandmother


We've had a stressful week. As you know, my grandmother has been in the hospital for almost a week and has been literally fighting for her life. She was bleeding internally and the doctor's had no idea why she was bleeding and what was causing the bleed. After a series of many tests, they found the bleed and although it would be an easier fix for someone much younger or someone who does not have to be on blood thinners, hers is more complicated. They said when she was admitted to the hospital, her blood was a thin as water, so it took some time for them to thicken up her blood. She also received many units of blood to keep her alive. The doctor told us that if she had waited another couple of hours before going to the ER she would have bleed to death and died. This was a wake up call for her. She has promised to tell us if something is going on with her, instead of ignoring the problem and hoping it will go away.

She is still in the hospital and will be transferred to a rehab center in a day or so. Because of her massive blood loss, she is very weak and is going to have help to get back on her feet again. I want to thank everyone who has emailed me, left a comment on my previous post or made a comment on facebook giving her and my family support and good thoughts. This means a lot to me and I'll never forget it. Although she's not out of the woods, she's getting there, and I know I for one and truly thankful.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

*Hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment