Monday, November 1, 2010
In case you're wondering, Chocolate Milk will put out engine fires after all...
We had an exciting weekend. We decided to go see my mother and niece Friday and stay until late Saturday night. Because Little Rock chose to celebrate Halloween on Saturday night, we had a chance to see our niece Snow White in her Halloween costume.
On the way to Little Rock, my husband's GMC Jimmy started acting a little funny. The gear started slipping and suddenly there was this sickening burning smell. Suddenly, the vehicle was filled with smoke and when we immediately pulled over, we realized the engine was on fire.
Luckily, we had earlier stopped and both got ourselves a drink, so we ended up pouring Chocolate Milk and Diet Coke on it and after my husband unhooked the battery, the fire stopped. We had to call the police for a report for the insurance company, and my parents to pick us up, so we were stranded on the side of the interstate for two hours.
We're currently waiting on what the insurance company is going to do. Because the Jimmy is over ten years old, we're not sold on sinking a lot of money into it to get it running again. The one thing we will invest in is a fire extinguisher for the car. If we didn't get that fire under control that could have been very dire for us and possible someone else as well.
On a positive note, we did get to spend time with our amazing niece and see her all decked out in her costume. NOTE THE STRIPED SOCKS! LOL!
She wasn't in complete costume when we took these pictures. They were going to a Halloween party, and my sister felt because of Snow White being 3, the finishing touches should be put on at home. As you can tell, she went as Belle and used the costume she got when she was at the Bibbibobidiboo boutique in Disney World.
I started my Valentine's day story and it's coming along much faster than my Christmas story did. I'm pretty excited about this one, and I'm anxious to get it submitted.
I hope y'all have a great week ahead:)