I blame Ava March, who can blame Shawn Lane, who blames Erotic Horizon, who blames Lily, who blames Kris...who started this mess in the first place!
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site, you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over there and see if you have a Sticky Beak.
2. You have to tag two people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of the Meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferablely a twofer. It is a M/M meme after all:)
*Rubs hands together with Glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? I've been reading it for a little over two years.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? The first book I read with two men making love together was a menage book called Something More by Amanda Young. I was more interested in the two men being together than the woman that had been added into the mix with them. After I read it, I found Pledge Slave by Evangeline Anderson. It was my first M/M book I read and I've been hooked on them ever since!
3. Are you out as a reader? Absolutely! Since I also write stories in this genre it would be hard to hide it. My husband, sister, Mother and all of my friends know I read and write about two men falling in love. Ironically, it's my family who think it's cool. Some of my oldest friends don't understand my love for the genre, but I don't care. I think THEY are the ones missing out!
4. Ebooks, Print or Both? Primarily Ebooks. I prefer Ebooks to print, but if the book is a favorite of mine I'll buy the print version so I can read it in bed.
5. Do you buy directly from the publisher or secondary seller? I buy directly from the publisher. I have bought from secondary sources, but I prefer to buy from the publisher.
6. Prove your a book slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I am a book slut. I'm just a broke one! I had surgery six months ago and the complications I've gotten from it has kept me from returning to work. Living on one income makes it hard to justify buying books when you need to have the little things like a roof over your head or food to eat. I still buy books, but not as much. I MIGHT buy one or two books a week. Most of the time it's more like one or two books every two weeks or more. This gives me more time to write, but I really miss reading! When I was working, I bought at least six to eight books weekly. When I return to work, I'll be able to reclaim by book slut status!
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? I'm a sucker for a sexy and romantic cover! The cover attracts me, but the blurb sells me. I will read the excerpt to see if it's in first person. If it is, I will make the decision on whether or not to go ahead and purchase it or not. I hate first person in romance.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? Yes and no. I know a review is basically one person's opinion of a book. What so and so likes, I might not. Being friends with several people on goodreads has helped. There are several people whose opinions of books often mirror my own. If they like it, I most likely will too. As far as just going to a review site and trusting the reviewer...no. I've seen too many catty reviews to know that they aren't being unbiased.
9. Who's your favorite publisher? Dreamspinner Press, Amber Quill Press and Torquere Press.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! How in the world can I just pick two? If I HAVE to pick my top two authors they would be: JL Langley and Sean Michael. This is really an unfair question! It really depends on my mood.
11. Is there a sub/genre you particularly dislike? I love contemporary romances. Historical romances are another fav. I also enjoy BDSM themed romances as long as they aren't over the top. I don't enjoy the sci fi based romances as much.
12. Short or long? *rolls eyes* And no I'm not talking about cocks! I like both. It really depends on the author. There are authors that excel in both of these types. I can't imagine Langley writing a good short story, whereas Shawn Lane writes great shorter books. It depends on the author. I used to just want to read long books, now I enjoy shorter novels as much.
13. Is there anything that turns you off about m/m or is it all glorious smut to you? There isn't a lot that turns me off. I'm not a fan of first person and I hate menages. I hate that there are so many books out where two men in a committed relationship suddenly think they need a woman in the mix to make them happy. I don't even like it when they add another male either. I like my men together and just with one another.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's M/M two wuv when...The hero starts putting his partner's happiness and wishes before his own.
15. What theme are you heartily sick of in M/M Romances? MENAGES
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a M/M/M who would they be? UGH! If I make a selection that would mean the men I choose would be cheating on the love of their life. I can't do that to my favorite couples. I'll pass on this one. Sorry.
17. What new GLBTQ new release are you most hanging out for right now? Shawn Lane has a book called Ticket to Ride which I am dying for it to be released! Andrew Grey has a book called Uncorked that's about to be released that I'm excited about! I'm dying to read Sterling's story by Langley, but that won't be for a while! UGH!
18. What new GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? That's a really hard question to answer. So many great books have been written this year it's hard to narrow it down to a singular book. I loved Second Sight by Sean Micheal. It made me cry and cheer for the heroes. I loved Car Wash by Shawn Lane. Kevin is one of my favorite heroes of all time. His determination to better his life was awesome! I loved Tyler Curtis from The Curtis Reincarnation because he was so unique and well written. I love Oliver from Bound by Deception because what's NOT to love about him...I really could go on and on...
19. What do you think well see more of M/M romance in 2010? I think we'll see more people becoming fans of this genre. I'm hoping eventually the homoerotic romance genre will become more mainstream without it just being menage based. I think it will. I just don't know if it will be in 2010.
20. Don't you agree that Josh Lanyon should just kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? I haven't read the series yet. I have the books, but I keep putting it off. Sorry! Maybe Jake will redeem himself in the end? Let's hope so!
NOW JACK AND SHAYNE CAN BLAME ME!
Jack's You don't know Jack at http://handsomejack1972.blogspot.com/