Here are the things that's happened to me this summer:
1. My mother sold her house and is building a new home. Because the new one wasn't completed when she finalized the sale, she is now living with my sister, brother-in-law and niece. I admit it was weird seeing her move from her old house. We made many good memories there, so it was definitely a melancholy feeling when I walked out of the door for the last time. I'm looking forward to seeing her in her new home. (should be in about 3 weeks) and ready to make some new, happy memories there. I've always heard that home is where the heart is, and I believe that. Wherever she lives, it will be always be home to our family.
2. My grandmother has had some health issues this summer. She's felt pretty poorly this season, but is determined to get back on her feet. She's lost almost all of her eyesight and it's been an adjustment for her and for us, but she's a fighter and I know that she'll get through this one too.
3. We kept my niece twice this season! We had a blast with her. We went fishing, polished nails, colored many masterpieces, played 'trouble' until I couldn't play it anymore and just enjoyed being with each other. My husband and I learned real quick that sleeping with a 6 year old isn't all it's cracked up to be. (I don't know how mothers do it) But we had a great time and we're looking forward to her spending more time with us soon.
4. My niece turned SIX a couple of months ago. She has literally changed from a little girl to a girl right in front of our eyes. I have mixed emotions about this. I want her to stay young, but on the other hand I can't wait to see the woman she grows up to be. As of right now, she wants to be a gymnast, a veterinarian and an artist when she grows up. As smart and as talented as she is...I think she can do anything she sets her mind too.
5. We have a new addition to the family. Last week we had a stray *young* cat appear in our yard. We literally live down far on a gravel road, so it was obvious it was dumped. Once I saw it, I immediately fell in love with it. Our dogs love it and my husband is quite fond of it too. This is a new experience for me because I've never had a cat before. He's a sweet thing and he's already part of our family.
6. I've done a fair amount of writing too. I should be submitting some finished manuscripts to several publishers soon. I'm really looking forward to it too.
7. My cabin mates from the retreat last year and I have teamed up for something special. The Mischief Corner will be announcing some very exciting news VERY soon!
I hope everyone has had a great summer! I promise to be more proactive when it comes to keeping y'all informed of what's going on with me. I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for the heat to go away! I'm very happy fall will be here soon.
How was your summer?