Wednesday, November 25, 2009
I've been cooking and cleaning all day. Chris and I are going to my parents house for Thanksgiving tomorrow morning. There will be 17 of us there. Every year our family gets larger. It's really wonderful to be surrounded by loved ones during the holidays.
When I found the picture I posted, I died laughing. I'm sitting directly in the center. This picture was taken about twenty years ago. You can tell by the hideous red sweater dress I'm wearing. Just think, I really thought I looked good that day! Hee Hee!
Ashley is the youngest on the far right. Love those bangs! Ashley and I alone are probably responsible for the hole in the ozone layer! Just blame us for global warming!
The other people in the picture is my Step-father, the blond is my step-sister, my beautiful Momma and of course Ash. What a crew we were! We've changed a smidge since then.
I'm definitely hoping I have better fashion sense!
Y'all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
This has been a busy week for Chris and I. We spent last Saturday celebrating an early Thanksgiving at his parents house and had a good time. Since then, he's been working on putting Christmas lights on the house. Every year he puts more and more on it. Soon we'll be lighting up all of Paris, Arkansas if he doesn't watch out.
I don't know if I've told you, but we've had some loss in the family this past six weeks. Chris has had 2 Uncle's die unexpectedly of the same type of Cancer, and my sister lost her baby, which has about killed us all. Today we found out that Chris' Aunt Bonnie (her husband is one of Chris's Uncles that died) was found unconscious at her home. The doctor's are not giving a hopeful prognosis. They believe she is brain dead and a neurologist is supposed to be checking her out tomorrow.
Chris of course is trying to be strong and keep it together. As a boy, he hung out with both Bonnie and David all the time. They were his favorite relatives. They weren't able to have children of their own, so Chris was spoiled and loved by them with open arms and loving hearts.
All of the loss we have experienced this year has made me realize how precious life really is. For the first time in years, I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and being with relatives I only see at holidays that usually drive me crazy. Maybe it's time not to take such things for granted anymore.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
I blame Ava March, who can blame Shawn Lane, who blames Erotic Horizon, who blames Lily, who blames Kris...who started this mess in the first place!
1. Answer all the questions below in either the comments here or post it on your own site. If you post it on your own site, you have to come back and give the link here so I/Kris can mosey on over there and see if you have a Sticky Beak.
2. You have to tag two people once your done and pester them relentlessly until they do the meme too.
3. Instead of the Meme image thing you have to post a cookie, preferablely a twofer. It is a M/M meme after all:)
*Rubs hands together with Glee*
1. How long have you been reading GLBTQ fiction? I've been reading it for a little over two years.
2. What was the first book you read in this genre? The first book I read with two men making love together was a menage book called Something More by Amanda Young. I was more interested in the two men being together than the woman that had been added into the mix with them. After I read it, I found Pledge Slave by Evangeline Anderson. It was my first M/M book I read and I've been hooked on them ever since!
3. Are you out as a reader? Absolutely! Since I also write stories in this genre it would be hard to hide it. My husband, sister, Mother and all of my friends know I read and write about two men falling in love. Ironically, it's my family who think it's cool. Some of my oldest friends don't understand my love for the genre, but I don't care. I think THEY are the ones missing out!
4. Ebooks, Print or Both? Primarily Ebooks. I prefer Ebooks to print, but if the book is a favorite of mine I'll buy the print version so I can read it in bed.
5. Do you buy directly from the publisher or secondary seller? I buy directly from the publisher. I have bought from secondary sources, but I prefer to buy from the publisher.
6. Prove your a book slut. How many books would you say you buy a week? I am a book slut. I'm just a broke one! I had surgery six months ago and the complications I've gotten from it has kept me from returning to work. Living on one income makes it hard to justify buying books when you need to have the little things like a roof over your head or food to eat. I still buy books, but not as much. I MIGHT buy one or two books a week. Most of the time it's more like one or two books every two weeks or more. This gives me more time to write, but I really miss reading! When I was working, I bought at least six to eight books weekly. When I return to work, I'll be able to reclaim by book slut status!
7. Are you a cover, blurb or excerpt buyer? I'm a sucker for a sexy and romantic cover! The cover attracts me, but the blurb sells me. I will read the excerpt to see if it's in first person. If it is, I will make the decision on whether or not to go ahead and purchase it or not. I hate first person in romance.
8. Yeah, you read reviews, but do you actually take notice of them? Yes and no. I know a review is basically one person's opinion of a book. What so and so likes, I might not. Being friends with several people on goodreads has helped. There are several people whose opinions of books often mirror my own. If they like it, I most likely will too. As far as just going to a review site and trusting the reviewer...no. I've seen too many catty reviews to know that they aren't being unbiased.
9. Who's your favorite publisher? Dreamspinner Press, Amber Quill Press and Torquere Press.
10. What about authors? Your top two only!! How in the world can I just pick two? If I HAVE to pick my top two authors they would be: JL Langley and Sean Michael. This is really an unfair question! It really depends on my mood.
11. Is there a sub/genre you particularly dislike? I love contemporary romances. Historical romances are another fav. I also enjoy BDSM themed romances as long as they aren't over the top. I don't enjoy the sci fi based romances as much.
12. Short or long? *rolls eyes* And no I'm not talking about cocks! I like both. It really depends on the author. There are authors that excel in both of these types. I can't imagine Langley writing a good short story, whereas Shawn Lane writes great shorter books. It depends on the author. I used to just want to read long books, now I enjoy shorter novels as much.
13. Is there anything that turns you off about m/m or is it all glorious smut to you? There isn't a lot that turns me off. I'm not a fan of first person and I hate menages. I hate that there are so many books out where two men in a committed relationship suddenly think they need a woman in the mix to make them happy. I don't even like it when they add another male either. I like my men together and just with one another.
14. Finish this sentence. You know it's M/M two wuv when...The hero starts putting his partner's happiness and wishes before his own.
15. What theme are you heartily sick of in M/M Romances? MENAGES
16. If you could choose any 3 characters for a M/M/M who would they be? UGH! If I make a selection that would mean the men I choose would be cheating on the love of their life. I can't do that to my favorite couples. I'll pass on this one. Sorry.
17. What new GLBTQ new release are you most hanging out for right now? Shawn Lane has a book called Ticket to Ride which I am dying for it to be released! Andrew Grey has a book called Uncorked that's about to be released that I'm excited about! I'm dying to read Sterling's story by Langley, but that won't be for a while! UGH!
18. What new GLBTQ book has completely blown you away this year? That's a really hard question to answer. So many great books have been written this year it's hard to narrow it down to a singular book. I loved Second Sight by Sean Micheal. It made me cry and cheer for the heroes. I loved Car Wash by Shawn Lane. Kevin is one of my favorite heroes of all time. His determination to better his life was awesome! I loved Tyler Curtis from The Curtis Reincarnation because he was so unique and well written. I love Oliver from Bound by Deception because what's NOT to love about him...I really could go on and on...
19. What do you think well see more of M/M romance in 2010? I think we'll see more people becoming fans of this genre. I'm hoping eventually the homoerotic romance genre will become more mainstream without it just being menage based. I think it will. I just don't know if it will be in 2010.
20. Don't you agree that Josh Lanyon should just kill off arsehole character Jake Riordan? I haven't read the series yet. I have the books, but I keep putting it off. Sorry! Maybe Jake will redeem himself in the end? Let's hope so!
NOW JACK AND SHAYNE CAN BLAME ME!
Jack's You don't know Jack at http://handsomejack1972.blogspot.com/
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Whew! It's been a busy weekend! Chris and I spent some time with my Mother, Grandmother, Ashley and Snow White. We had a lot of fun together reminiscing about the past, and talking about our hopes for the future; especially when we look at my two year old niece. We had an excellent time, and as usual time goes fast when we are together. We'll see them at Thanksgiving, so it's something else to look forward to besides the food!
Ashley has read what I've wrote on my latest book. She said she really likes what I've written so far, so I'll hopefully be writing more on it tomorrow.
Chris has decided to start on putting lights on the house this week. For the next two weekends we will be busy with family and friends, so he's wants to get a big dent of it done before next weekend. It will depend on whether or not the weather will hold up. Let's hope it does!
Thank goodness it's time to wind down and relax for the rest of the night! Yay!
Have a Great Weekend, Everyone:)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
I've decided I've got the most beautiful niece in the world. Okay...I know many of you will disagree and say that your niece is more beautiful, but looking at Snow White in these photographs makes me think she really is the fairest one of all!
I did some writing on my new book today. I've written close to 3,500 words and I've just emailed it to Ashley to get her approval on what I've accomplished. I'm looking forward to the brain-storming we'll do after she reads it. She's excellent about helping me put things into perspective and helping me mesh through some ideas.
Once I've talked to her, I'll give y'all a description of what it's about. I would love to hear everyone Else's opinion, too!
I'm going to make this post a brief one, but I wanted to share my updated pictures of Snow White in her costume like I promised.
Y'all have a great day!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
I thought I would post the unofficial, official blurb to Got Mistletoe?.
Here it is:
Blake Roberts just wants to buy some wrapping paper and go home. That changes when he's surprised by a supercenter employee keeping the Christmas spirit alive by singing and doing some impromptu dance moves. Ryan Jolly is bouncy and a little flamboyant... and Blake is immediately smitten with him. Despite being total opposites, Blake's heart is captured by Ryan’s bubbly personality and sweet smile, and when attraction flares between them, Blake starts to hope his new Christmas wish--to spend more than the holiday with Ryan--might come true.
My editor hasn't told me a release date yet, but I'll keep y'all posted.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
I'm finally feeling better. October was a difficult month for me and my family, but we're doing what we can to pick up the pieces and get through it.
Ash is doing better. She's feeling better. Watching her go through what she has this past month humbles me. She's amazing.
Since Snow White wasn't able to trick or treat on Halloween, Ash dressed Snow White up grabbed a big bag of candy, and went to different houses in her neighborhood and took Snow White on a late trick or treating expedition. Ash provided the homeowner the candy, Snow White got to experience Trick or Treating for the first time and the home owners were dazzled by my charming niece. Ash said it healed her in many ways to see Snow White become so happy.
I thought that was really a great idea.
I've finally made it home. I'm currently parked on the couch. I feel better, but I'm still not well yet. Chris was glad to see me home, even Daisie was happy that her Momma came home. Apparently Daddy doesn't give her as many treats as Momma does, so she's ready for Momma to spoil her rotten again.
I didn't write any this week. UGH! I just felt too miserable, but I plan on writing my heart out next week since I'm feeling better. I'm excited about my book, Got Mistletoe?, to be released next month. Dreamspinner Press hasn't given me a release date yet. When they do, I'll make sure and post it as soon as I can.
I'm hoping that this week will be a good one for everyone. Take care!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
I've decided I hate Daylight Saving Time. I wish we could just stick with one and roll with it. It seems like once we get used to one time, it's time to change it again.
Ashley and my niece are doing somewhat better. I'm afraid I'm getting the flu myself. My throat is killing me and I'm not feeling well.
So as a pick-me-up I decided to post some deliciously sexy eye candy.
No writing today either. Ugh!
Lets hope we all have a good week ahead of us.